Name a Seat
Leeds Grand Theatre… where every seat tells a story.
Your seat, your story, your support.
November 2023 marks the 145th anniversary of The Grand entertaining the people of Leeds and the wider region. To celebrate, we’re making 145 seats available for people to remember the extraordinary moments you have shared with us by adding a unique message to one of our beautiful auditorium seats and becoming a part of our legacy.
We’ve all had that one moment – if you’re lucky, maybe more – that took our breath away when the house lights dimmed and the stage lights dazzled. Maybe it’s when Elphaba defied gravity, Valjean stormed the barricade, or The Nutcracker and Clara travelled to the Land of Sweets one magical Christmas Eve. Maybe it’s the people you came with that lingered long in your memory after the show stopped; be those friends, family, or that special person who shares your love of live performance.
Whatever the reason, follow the simple steps below and we’ll install a personalised plaque on a seat of your choice for just £145 for five years.
We want to ensure that we are here for generations to come, as we have been for generations past. We have ambitious plans for our future, be that programming, education, or sustainability. These plans can only be lived with the support of our audiences.
How to Name a Seat
Add a Name a Seat Membership to your basket and proceed to check out (this is set up as a membership to enable us to manage the process). The membership only entitles you to name one seat. Should you wish to name multiple seats, please contact Box Office directly on 0113 243 0808.
Once you have paid, we will send you an email where you can select the seat you would like to name* and the message you would like engraved (55 characters maximum inc. spaces). Please note, that seat plaques will be visible and read by all audience members, therefore, Leeds Heritage Theatres reserves the right to refuse disrespectful or defamatory messages that could upset other audience members.
If you are a UK Taxpayer, we can claim gift aid on your Name a Seat purchase. Please fill out the details as requested.
*Seats are currently only available in the Stalls
Terms and Conditions
- Naming a seat gives no entitlement to that seat when booking tickets. If you wish to sit in your named seat, you will need to purchase a ticket for the performance. Please note, there may be occasions when certain seats are not available for sale.
- The maximum number of characters per plaque is 55 (inc spaces).
- Our first release of 145 seats will be in the Stalls only.
- The membership only entitles you to name one seat. Each seat is only available to name once so don’t miss your opportunity to choose your favourite seat. Should you wish to name multiple seats, please contact Box Office directly on 0113 243 0808.
- Your plaque is valid for five years. You will be given the option to renew the seat three months before expiry.
- All monies from the Name a Seat campaign will come directly to Leeds Heritage Theatres and will be fully invested in ongoing projects, including, but not limited to, improved access facilities, changing our lighting to LED, and upgrading technical equipment.